Information Sharing & Opt-Out
We do not sell your Personally Identifiable Information (PII) to anyone for any reason whatsoever. We do not share it, except for the reasons described below, which are permitted by federal and state law. Therefore, there is no need for you to opt-out. If we change our policy, we will tell you and give you a chance to opt-out before we share your information.
Confidentiality & Security
We use physical and technical safeguards to protect your PII. We restrict access to your PII to those who need it to perform their jobs. Third-party business partners are bound by law to use your information only for our purposes. They may not disclose it or use it in any other way. We comply with all data security laws.
Collecting Your Personally Identifiable Information
We collect personal information about you from different sources. For example, we collect information you send us on applications or on forms. We may also collect information from your transactions with our sister companies, others or us. We may collect information from a consumer-reporting agency or a medical provider. This collection depends on the product or service you request.
Disclosing Your Personally Identifiable Information
We do not sell your PII to anyone. We may disclose your information to a business that carries out certain services or marketing for us. We may disclose your information as required or permitted by law. We may disclose your information for a legal or regulatory purpose. The following list includes various types of disclosure:
- We may disclose information we receive from you on applications or other forms. This may include your name, address, beneficiaries, Social Security number and family member information. This may also include assets, income, your property address and property value.
- We may disclose information from your transactions with our sister companies or us. This may include your account balance, policy coverage and payment history. This may also include premium paid, preferences, claims and purchase method.
- We may disclose information we receive from a consumer-reporting agency or other report. This may include your credit report, motor vehicle and driver data. This may also include medical and employment data, loss history reports and other driver data. This disclosure depends on the products you select.
- As permitted by law, we may disclose some information to other financial institutions with which we have joint marketing agreements.
Using Your Medical Information
We sometimes must collect medical information to provide you a product or to pay a claim. We do not use or share it for any purpose, except the following:
- Underwriting insurance
- Administering your policy, account or claim
- As required or permitted by law
- As otherwise authorized by you
What information does Galax Insurance collect from websites? Galax Insurance may collect the information you provide when you:
- Request information from the Galax Insurance website
- Use online tools and calculators
- Apply online for products
- Subscribe to online services
- Complete an online form
- Conduct transactions online
- Apply for a job online
Galax Insurance contracts with certain unaffiliated business partners who help us deliver online products and services. They may keep the information you provide. Other online activities are listed below.
Website Visitor Data
Galax Insurance gathers various types of data from its website. Galax Insurance collects site-aggregate and customer-specific information about the pages that you view and use on our website. This is a standard industry practice and is used to find out how visitors use and interact with our site. We log IP addresses, browser and platform types, domain names, access times and referral data. We may also collect information a customer volunteers on surveys and electronic forms. The information we collect is used to improve our website as well as our products and services. We may collect the following data:
- How many people visit our website
- How long they stay on our website
- Referral origin, such as search, social, direct, et cetera
- The pages that they visit and the features that they use
Other Online Security
This website uses industry best security practices and industry best web design to help prevent phishing and other types of hacking attempts. Our website and web server uses hardware and software firewalls as well as other types of security technology to help shield against phishing and other types of hacking attempts. We also use a web security technology with our website called SSL (Secure Sockets Layer). Our use of SSL helps us to keep all information confidential when it is sent between your computer, or mobile device, and our web server. All webmail sent to us from our website's "Contact" page will always be encrypted during transit to ensure the security and privacy of the information that our clients send to us. In addition, we also use SSL and / or TLS (Transport Layer Security) for encrypting both our incoming and outgoing business emails during transit.
We keep email addresses that you provide to us. If you choose to provide us with an email address, we will keep your email address on file. If you agree to receive email messages from us, we will keep the email address that you give to us to send you periodic emails that may be of specific interest to you. Please be careful about the information that you send to us in any email. Your communication may not be secure. Like, for example, in public Wi-Fi or if you aren't using SSL or TLS to encrypt the emails that you send to us. Be aware that we do train our employees in cybersecurity best practices and they will automatically delete any incoming emails that contain any PII once the email has been read.
If you do not want Galax Insurance to use your email address to contact you for marketing or solicitation purposes (excluding notices about your existing account), you can easily unsubscribe from future marketing emails via any newsletter, or promotional email, that you receive from us or you can contact Galax Insurance directly by email at the following address:
Why does Galax Insurance collect information on its website?
Galax Insurance or our business partners may use the information from our websites for many purposes:
- Edits and feedback
- Product development
- Content improvement
- Analysis of user behavior
- Marketing and promotions
- And to customize website content and layout
If we decide to use your personal information in a different way other than for the use that we told you when we collected it, we will notify you of this change by posting a note on this page for 30 days.
We can and will provide you a copy of your personal information that we control and can reasonably retrieve. To access your information, you must provide the following:
- All policy numbers you want to access.
- Please sign your request and have your signature notarized. This ensures the identity of the person requesting the information.
We do not currently charge a fee to cover the cost of providing you with a copy of this information. However, we do reserve the right to charge a small fee in the future. You may request that we correct your PII in our files. Please note that we do not control information provided by third parties. So, you will need to contact that third party to correct any information from them. Sometimes we may obtain your consumer or credit report. In which case, you may request the credit-reporting agency's name and address. You can then ask that agency to give you a copy of their consumer or credit report. Please send any inquiries to us at:
ATTN: Privacy Department
949-C East Stuart Dr
Galax, VA 24333
Or, by email at:
When you contact us, please include your name, address, policy number as well as your agent name and number, if you know it. You can contact your agent to change information that we control, such as your address. Or, you may contact your Galax Insurance Customer Service Representative. The phone number is in your policy packet.
Thank you for choosing Galax Insurance. We look forward to building a lifetime relationship with you.